Dr. Alena Adamkova
2002-2012 IRMT Executive Director/Curator
OF INTERNATIONAL ROERICH MEMORIAL TRUST
FROM 01.01.2002 TILL 08.09.2012
INTERNATIONAL ROERICH MEMORIAL TRUST
Naggar, 175 130 Kullu distt.,
- IRMT AND ITS CURRENT ACTIVITIES
- MEMORIAL STONES
- IMPORTANT VISITS AND MAIN IRMT FUNCTIONS
- JOINT ACTIVITIES: IRMT & OTHER INSTITUTIONS
- PUBLISHING ACTIVITIES
- PUBLIC LIBRARY AND READING HALL
- HELENA ROERICH ART COLLEGE
- CONSTRUCTION OF THE ROERICH ART ACADEMY, NAGGAR, HIMACHAL PRADESH
- WEB SITE OF THE IRMT AND TOUCH SCREEN OF THE IRMT
- CONSTRUCTION WORKS
- MUSEUM WORK
- GENERAL INVENTORY - CATALOGUE OF THE IRMT ART GALLERY PAINTINGS AND MUSEUM ITEMS
- DONATIONS RECEIVED FOR HELENA ROERICH ART COLLEGE FROM IT'S ESTABLISHMENT
The beautiful opens the gravest locks.
The beautiful weaves the wings of light
and unites the human souls in their aspiration
for the Common Light."
Starting from April, 6, 2003, an Informal Roerich Art school for local children was established at the IRMT. In 2004 it became affiliated to well-known Pracheen Kala Kendra University, Chandigarh, as 'Helena Roerich Art College'.
Art College offers following courses to children:
1) Indian classical music, both vocal and instrumental (sitar, tabla, flute, harmonium)
2) Indian classical dance (Kathak)
4) Theatre art and Folk drama
5) Wood Carving (started in 2006)
6) Traditional Kullu weaving (started in 2007)
Local artists from Naggar and Kullu are teaching here. Approximately 150 children from Naggar and closest villages are regularly attending their classes. It is the only Art College available in this locality. Classes are on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and school holidays. Art College offers BA certificate for students who successfully complete 7 years course.
|Indian Classical Music class|
|Instrumental music||Vocal music|
|Indian Classical Dance Kathak|
|Folk Drama class||Drama: 'Boy who loved Vishnu' performed during Svetoslav Roerich Centenary function, 30.10.04|
|Painting class: Teacher with his students|
|Carving teacher and his pupils|
|Class of traditional Kullu weaving art|
Students of this College prepared cultural program and concert on the occasion of:
- Nicholas Roerich Annual Birthday Celebration on: 9th October 2003; 2004; 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011
- Svetoslav Roerich Centenary celebration - state level function: 30th October 2004
- Helena Roerich Birthday celebration on: 13th February 2005; 2006; 2007; 2009, 2011
- 70th Anniversary of Roerich Pact and Peace Banner:15th April, 2005
- 55th Anniversary of the ratification of Roerich Pact: 5th April, 2009
- 75th Anniversary of Roerich Pact and Peace Banner: 2nd May, 2010
- 77th Anniversary of Roerich Pact and Peace Banner: 15th April, 2012
- Celebration of the Mother's Day: 14th May 2006; 9th May 2008;
- Devika Rani Roerich Birthday Celebration: 30th March 2006; 2007;
- Birth Centenary Celebration of Devika Rani Roerich: 30th March 2008
- 60th Anniversary of Russian-Indian Diplomatic Relations: 22nd April 2007
- 65th Anniversary of Russian-Indian Diplomatic Relations: 1st May 2012
- National Painters Camp: 18th and 24th March 2008; 18.3.2011
- Celebration of the 80th anniversary of the 'Urusvati Himalayan Research Institute' and Central Asiatic expedition of the Roerichs: 24th July 2008
|9.10.2003, N.Roerich annual function||30.10.2004, Svetoslav Roerich Centenary celebration concert|
|13.2.2005, Agnihotra during Helena Roerich Birthday function|
|15.4.2005, 70th Anniversary of Roerich Pact and Banner of Peace|
|9.10.2005, N.Roerich Birth Anniversary annual function, Folk Drama and Kathak dance performance|
|12th February 2006, Helena Roerich Birthday function, Concert and winners of the smallest group of the painting competition|
|On 14th February 2006 students of the Art College performed at Manali Winter Carneval|
|30th March 2006, Devika Rani Roerich Birthday function, film show, exhibition and painting competition organized at the Art College|
|14th May 2006, Celebration of the Mother's Day, Kathak dance|
|14th May 2006, Tabla performance, winners of the middle group of the painting competition|
|9.10.-10.10.2006, Nicholas Roerich's Birth Anniversary annual function, Folk Drama|
|9.10.-10.10.2006, Nicholas Roerich's Birth Anniversary annual function: Classical vocal Music, Kullu folk dance performance|
|13.02.2007 - Celebration of Helena Roerich's Birthday: Puja|
|13.02.2007 - Celebration of Helena Roerich's Birthday: Painting competition|
|13.02.2007 - Celebration of Helena Roerich's Birthday: concert|
1st April 2007 - beginning of a new session - 5th year at Helena Roerich Art College: all students pray for the well-being of the College and their study; inauguration of the new class - traditional and art weaving; shooting and recording in the nature.
It was for the first time that 4 students and a teacher of Helena Roerich Art College went abroad to show their artistic skills. The Administration of the ancient Russian city - Yelets extended an invitation to the students and arranged the funds for the trip, to participate in the celebrations of 861st year of the city. Within 12 days students held 11 concerts in 3 cities of Russia - Yelets, Moscow and Saint Petersburg. They represented their college, state and country on the highest level, and the name of Helena Roerich Art College made its way to Russia…
9.10.2007, Nicholas Roerich's Birth Anniversary annual function: Kathak dance performance, and winners of the painting competition of all age groups.
30th March 2008, Birth Centenary of Devika Rani Roerich Students performing the welcoming song, Two girls from the College sing in Russian together with the Russian folk ensemble 'Chervlionnyi Yar', Students sing a song originally sang by Devika Rani in one of her films, addressing a dog - children reenact this scene.
Celebration of the 80th anniversary of the 'Urusvati Himalayan Research Institute' and Central Asiatic expedition of the Roerichs: 24th July 2008
Children from the Art College founded their own musical group 'Himalayan Eagles' - at the celebration they performed Russian folk songs and dances to the delight of all visitors.
7th April 2009 - Performance at the International Homeopathy Seminar
Students of the College gave concert of Indian classical music, as well as folk music of different countries in front of the foreign representatives who attended International seminar on Homeopathy held at the Trust.
22nd May, 2009 - Naggar Tripura Sundari Mela
On request of Naggar organizers of the annual Mela, Art College students performed for hundreds of villagers and guests gathered at the main Naggar festival dedicated to Goddess of Naggar, Tripura Sundari Devi.
25th December, 2010 - Christmas celebrations
Students of Helena Roerich Art College ended the year with Christmas celebration: some students performed Christmas songs of 3 countries. After the concert all students were shown a film.